Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We're Halfway There Folks

It’s halftime baby!! While I don’t have a Cirque Du Soleil show ready for you I do have my NFL mid-season report card. Here is my list of the top ten teams in the NFL.


1.Colts
1.Patriots
3.Steelers
4.Cowboys
5.Titians
6. Green Bay
7. Giants
8.Browns
9.Detroit
10. Jaguars

First of all I have the Colts and the Pats tied for first place. The Patriots may have a better record but I have a feeling that the Colts will get revenge in the AFC Championship. Everybody seems to be talking about the Patriots and their perfect record but the Colts are laying low and they will be ready in January. The Colts should also be given more credit because they have a tougher division and a tougher schedule. The Colts had a Monday Night Game on the road against Jacksonville and another road game against the Panthers the week before they played the Patriots. The Patriots played Miami and the Redskins in the weeks prior to their November 4th meeting with the Colts. The Colts have the talent to beat the Patriots and they are the reigning Super Bowl Champions. As T.O says, “get your popcorn ready” for January.

I have the Steelers at number three because they have nice mental edge and a dominant defense. The Cowboys are number four even they have a better record than the Steelers. It’s obvious that the AFC is the dominant conference and while I really like Dallas, I can’t jump on their ban wagon just yet. I also like the way Green Bay is playing this year but they need to step up their run game. I have the Giants at number seven but I fear that they will have another meltdown. They’ll still make the playoffs though. We saw last year that in the NFC you can still mess up and make the post season. The Browns are the big surprise of the season. No one would have predicted that they would be 5-3 this season. The Lions have always had talent but now it looks like things are finally coming together. The Jags are having good season but they have a tough division.

All and all, this season has been pretty crazy but I’m lovin’ it so bring on the second half!!

1 comment:

mai wen said...

I like your rundown and think it's pretty accurate, but I don't like the assumption that the Colts and Patriots will meet again in the AFC Championship game. The Steelers Have to be included in the Championship game because they still have a chance to prove themselves against the Patriots in Week 14, but also don't forget their amazing Super Bowl run from the sixth seed not even two years ago. I think the Steelers still have that ability to surprise people and get hot in the playoffs because they're playing damn good football on both sides of the ball.

So the Colts/Patriots rematch may not happen, I'm not say that it won't because it could definitely end up that way, but don't put all your eggs in one basket yet... the Steelers might just hatch up a whole new scenario!