Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 1: Welcome to the NFL

Maybe the Raiders should have shown up for Monday Night Football. It was so sad to see Cutler murder Howie's old team in Oakland. I also didn't see much of Darren McFadden. I guess all of the draft hoopla was too much for him. It's only the first game but he has some work to do if he wants to catch up with the rest of his rookie class. A lot of the rookies had spectacular games this week. Matt Forte, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Eddie Royal all scored touchdowns during their season opening games.I have to say that I was impressed the most by Matt & Matt (my new radio show). Everyone in Bears camp was talking about Matt Forte but when the kid took on Bob Sanders in the open field, I was like WOW. Matt Ryan also surprised me. His first pass was a touchdown! You can't start off your pro football career any better. I know I'm getting too excited about the rookies after one week, but I hope all of them do well.

Some former backups did pretty well as starters this week too. Aaron Rodgers, Matt Cassel and Michael Turner all led their teams to victory. I guess when you watch the best for a few years you can become the best. This week, I have to tip my hat to Aaron Rodgers. After the whole Brett fiasco, Aaron Rodgers held his head up high and played to the best of his ability. I really enjoyed watching Mr. Rogers and the mean green fighting machine from the neighborhood take on Mr. Hotness (aka Adrian Peterson) and the Purple Pirates. I know that DA BEARS will beat both teams during the regular season but that's enough smack talk for today. I wish the best of luck to Aaron Rodgers and Matt Cassel. They both have big shoes to fill. And to Micheal Turner>> YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!

I can't wait unit Next Sunday. Watching football while eating pizza and ice cream makes my life complete.

No comments: