Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week #2: Put the T.O .back in Teamwork

Why are receivers so cocky? Mr. Chad Ocho No No , Randy Moss and Terrell Owens all seem to think that the world revolves around them. Football is a team sport and when everyone doesn't work together things fall apart." I Love me some me" translates into defeat. Just think about it for a second. Chad, Randy and T.O. are all missing one thing. I'm sure you can guess what that is? Nevertheless, I do feel as if T.O is becoming a better teammate now that he's with the Cowboys but he still has a lot of work to do.

Let's face it, cockiness helps no one. Every football player on the field needs to be confident but there is a thin line between confidence and cockiness. A great football player cannot let his ego disrupt the relationship he has with his teammates. Furthermore, cockiness can make a person look pretty stupid sometimes. For example, DeShawn Jackson looked like the biggest idiot on national television when he let go of the football just short of the goal line to perform his celebration dance. I'm pretty sure that Dancing with the Stars will be calling Mr. Jackson in the near future. However, I'm positive that Warren Sapp can out perform this kid any day(on and off the football field). So the moral of the stories kiddies is that we all need to be nice, share and work together. It's really that simple. Terrell can throw ego is the garbage and put the TO back in teamwork. It sounds kind of cheesy but I'm sure #81 can work with his teammates and help the Cowboys win a playoff game this year.

No comments: