Monday, November 1, 2010

The Vets

Moss Gets the Boot

Randy Moss' attitude must be pretty bad because the Viks have given him the boot. He reportedly lashed out at the restaurant owners who catered the team's post-practice meal. So was it a good idea for the struggling Viks to cut Mr. Moss? I'm somewhat on the fence with this one. I'm not surprised by Moss' behavior but the man still has something left in the tank (I'm sure Darrelle Revis can attest to that). Well, it's on to the next one for Mr. Moss. Randy won't be unemployed for too long. I'm sure some lucky team will pick him up.

Update: ESPN is reporting that the Tennessee Titans have claimed Randy Moss

Old Man Favre

I respect Favre as a quarterback but he just needs to give it up already. It may be fun and games now, but in about 2-5 years he'll need assistance to walk up the stairs. The adrenaline kicks in now but I assure you that Favre will retire in 2011, regardless of the final outcome of this season. His body just can't take anymore hits. I still don't know how Favre does it but it's all going to catch up with him. Hide your walkers, hide your pain killers because Old Man Favre is coming.

McNabb Benched

McNabb benched? Really? I'm scratching my head with this one because the Redskins are at .500, just one game behind Philly in the NFC East. They can still make the playoffs if they put in the work for the second half of the season. I really don't know what's going on and I guess a few people at Redskins camp are confused too. Offensive Coordinator Kyle Shanahan told reporters that McNabb was warned in advanced about the possibility of being pulled from the game. This message never made it to McNabb and I'm pretty sure he's pissed about it...and so the saga continues. Let's not forget about the JaMarcus Russell tryout. Again I'm scratching my head, because JaMarcus Russell and McNabb are not on the same level by any means. McNabb will always be known as a legendary quarterback, JaMarcus Russell not so much.

1 comment:

mai wen said...

I agree with everything you said! I'm on the fence about releasing Moss and Favre is probably regretting his decision to come back this year with every cell of his body (including his you-know-what!) What a horrendous year for him and the Vikes, ugh.

As for McNabb, I just don't get it. Why does he always get benched in the middle of games? Other QBs will throw like 5 INTs in a game and still not get benched, but he seems to get benched at a drop of a hat (or helmet). I think he's a solid QB who gets the short end of the stick a lot. I'll never get it...