Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 12 Wrap-Up

Eagles Fall
On Sunday the Eagles fell to the Bears 26-31. I'm not surprised by this loss but I don't think it's the end of the world for Philly. I hate to say it but Philly needed this loss. The MNF high has finally worn off and now it's back to reality for Eagles. Check your NFL Parity Clocks folks because on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday a team can go down. Hopefully Philly can pick up a win against a dangerous Texans team. Two loses this late in the season could send the Eagles packing early.

Manning Losing His Cool
Peyton Manning was intercepted four times when the Colts hosted the San Diego Charges on Sunday Night Football. This loss comes at a bad time for the Colts who are 6-5 and 1/2 game behind the AFC South leading Jaguars. It's not time to press the panic button just yet but Indy is in big trouble if Manning can't pull things together soon. The Colts host Dallas next week and play three division games in the last quarter of the season. Should I dare say that the Colts might miss the playoffs?

Team Andre
Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson were both fined $25,000 for their scuffle on Sunday. Neither player was suspended which is great news for Andre Johnson and the Texans who fly into Philly Thursday night for a date with Starship 7. I, however have a major problem with Cortland Finnegan. He clearly initiated the fight and was even seen clapping after Andre Johnson started punching him. Finnegan was clearly getting burned by Johnson on the field so he decided to engage in silly antics. I don't condone violence but I'm siding with Andre Johnson on this one. I hope Finnegan can do his job and get his life together. Good luck making the playoffs...

McDaniels Next On Chopping Block
?
The Broncos are 3-8 but owner Pat Bowlen insists that he's not ready to fire Denver coach Josh McDaniels. I find this very hard to believe and I know a lot people agree with me. We've seen this before time and time again—Phillips, Childress and now maybe McDaniels. I may be wrong but Mini Spygate isn't helping McDaniels case. He'll probably make it to the end of the season but there are no guarantees in football.

No comments: