Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week 8 and a Quick History Lesson


It looks like the Panthers and the Redskins have an imaginary bye week. ESPN can‘t stop talking about the Colts vs. Patriots game on Nov. 4. The same question keeps on coming up. Who is the better quarterback? Payton or Brady? My answer is Brian Griese. Obviously my answer is a little bias because I’m a Bears fan but he was the # 2 air leader for week 7 with 322yds. My real answer to the quarterback question is this: It’s WEEK 8 (did you hear me ESPN) and we will find out who’s the better quarterback soon enough when the Colts play the Patriots in Week 9. Frankly, I’m pretty exited about the Patriots vs. Redskins game. Everyone seems to be making such a big fuss about Tom Brady and the Patriot but what about the Redskins? The Skins have a great secondary and my guess is that this game will be closer than some people might think.

Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t seen a team as good as the Patriots in a long time but good teams still lose and great teams still lose (‘85 BEARS) The ‘72 Miami Dolphins may be the only exception but the league has changed. A team doesn’t need to have a perfect regular season. A team needs a perfect playoff season. This same discussion was going on 2 years ago when the Colts were on a big winning streak; however, the Colts didn’t win the Super Bowl in 2006 and were defeated by the Steelers early in the playoffs. The Colts were able to redeem themselves and win the Super Bowl in 2007against my beloved Bears but not before the team was criticized for its poor run defense (Jag vs. Colts 12/10/06). Teams learn so much more from losing and if the Patriots want to win the Super Bowl this year they need to lose a few games. SO what can we take from this history lesson? Tom Brady just needs to be whacked in the head a few times then he’ll learn his lesson: P

Oh wait we can’t mess up his pretty face. OK Scratch that idea and take this one:

GREAT NFL TEAMS LOSE

2 comments:

mai wen said...

OMG, I LOVE this post, couldn't have said it better myself. And I LOVE this blog!! It's so great to hear intelligent and knowledgeable commentary on the NFL from a lady! You rock, I couldn't love you more twin!

P.S. Is there something you're not telling me... since when did you marry Thomas Jones?

Tony said...

Way to come out of the box swinging Pink Cleats. And the name of your blog is AbFab ;)