Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 9: A Little R-E-S-P-E-C-T

It’s week 9 and the moment of truth has finally arrived. Although I’ve been trying to avoid this post all week, today I will answer the BIG question. Who is the sexier quarterback? Manning or Brady? My answer to this question is Tom Brady of course. How could deny those sexy eyes and that beautiful body. Tom Brady should win by Pass Him Over Here Hottie Award every week but I have to give other players a chance. Oh wait; shouldn't I be talking about something else? Ah yes, even at 38, Brett Farve continues to amaze me. Farve’s 82-yard game winning touchdown pass against Denver was was pretty amazing. He still has that magic and I respect him as a player. I guarantee you that he's going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame because I have no problem giving him a compliment and I'm a BEARS FAN. Well enough about Farve, I feel like this post is missing something but I can't figure out what it is. Can somebody help me? Now I know what's missing; the Patriots and the Colts are playing each other this week and I'm suppose to tell you who's the better quarterback. Now how could I forget something so important? Shame on me but football is a team sport and the quarterback will always be praised or scrutinized for his work. To be honest there isn't a clear cut answer to the quarterback question. Right now Tom Brady looks is the best quarterback in the league because he has great arm and an amazing offensive line that let's him move around in the pocket for what seems like an eternity. In addition to his OL, Brady has Randy Moss, who can catch the football with one hand in double coverage.

Nevertheless, if someone were to re-phrase the quarterback question and ask me which quarterback I respect in league the most; I would have to say Payton Manning. Brady may be the better quarterback right now but when it comes down to respect, Manning has all of my votes. This may sound a little bit shocking to some of you but my reasoning behind my choice is fairly simple. As I mentioned before, football is a team sport and when one person does something wrong it reflects poorly on the whole team. If you haven't figured out what I'm talking about yet let me put it this way. No one likes cheaters. Stealing signals is not OK in my book. And it’s not just me; people love to hate the Patriots. This isn't a recent phenomenon either. People hated the Patriots before the scandal came out. Now people have a valid reason to hate the Patriots. As you have seen throughout this post, I have no problem commending players such as Brett Farve and Payton Manning. I'm not just a Bears Fan, I'm a football fan and when a team insults the game of football by stealing signals, I have a hard time giving it a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Geesh!! Enough with the Patriots already. Regardless of who wins the game this week, I might have to take a break and write about another team in my next post.

Happy Halloween Everybody

- L.Jones

4 comments:

mai wen said...

Seriously (as usual) on the same page with you on Farve. I totally respect and even love him and I'm a Vikings fan!! Now Vikings fans really hate Green Bay because we border their darn state!

So who's your pick to win this game?

L. Jones said...

I think the Pats are going to win...

Bryen said...

I like the colt at home. I think they'll take it.

Brady's definitely sexier, I haven't decieded who's the better QB. Manning is so proficient...Brady has more superbowls.

If you think about it, Brady never had the same weapons that Manning had. Brady always won with role players on offense (Corey Dillon, Deion Branch - who's turned out to be a role players, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, to name a few). He's never really had a great supporting cast around him.

Mannings had Harrison, Wayne, Edge, now addi, and Dallas Clark who I think is way underrated.

I guess time will tell us who will be held up as the greater QB. One things for sure....they both are already better the FARVE!

BOO THAT MAN!

BOOOOOOOOO

Unknown said...

Well Tom Brady himself has not cheated, he also holds tons of highest records. He has not been playing as long as Peyton Manning either! Even with out Randy Moss he won 2 Superbowls.

Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007)
Highest total passing touchdowns in a season: 56 (2007)
Highest total passing touchdowns in a single quarter: 5 (2009)
Highest completion percentage in a single game: 92.9% (2007)
Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007)
NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
Most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 (XXXVIII)
Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
Most games with three or more touchdown passes: 12 (2007)
Most touchdown passes in a month: 20 (October 2007)
Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.
Most career overtime wins without a defeat: 7-0
Most consecutive playoff wins by a quarterback: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
Most consecutive completions to start a career without an interception: 162

Highest single-game quarterback rating: 158.3 (at Miami, October 21, 2007) Perfect Rating
Highest single-season quarterback rating: 117.2 (2007) 2nd highest all-time
Highest single-game completion percentage: 92.9% (vs. Jacksonville, January 12, 2008) NFL Record
Highest total passing touchdowns in a game: 6 (at Miami, October 21, 2007 and vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009)
Highest total passing touchdowns in a quarter: 5 (vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009) NFL Record
Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007) NFL Record
Highest total passing yards in a game: 410 (vs. Kansas City, 2002)
Highest total passing yards in a season: 4,806 (2007)
Lowest interception total, season (minimum 2 starts): 8 (2007)
Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007) NFL Record