Sunday, July 20, 2008

Box of Chocolates

Pinks Cleats is BACK! And yes I’ve been a little bit lazy so feel free to post any of your complaints but the blog is up and running again and this season I will be getting some help from a few of my lovely friends.

Alright then, let’s talk about some football. Darren McFadden was the talk of town on draft day but to be honest I don't think that he'll have a spectacular season. Yes, it’s a pretty bold statement but everyone can’t be Adrian Peterson. A lot of college football players don’t have the same success in the big league. Look at Patrick Ramsey, Rashard Anderson and the newest member of the bust family, Cedric Benson. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL and I hope Darren understands the challenge that lies ahead of him. Maybe Darren McFadden will prove me wrong and I hope that he does for the sake of the Raiders fans. However, only time will tell and if Mr. McFadden does have a breakthrough season I will send him a handwritten letter of apology with my phone number written at the bottom.

Regardless of whether Darren McFadden does well, my point is this: things aren’t always what they seem in the NFL. Teams that made it to the playoffs last year will miss the cut this year. First round draft picks will struggle while second round draft picks will break NFL records. Get ready for some surprises. It’s going to be a circus (and yes I do have my popcorn ready). The 2008 NFL regular season is almost upon us.

No comments: