Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The NFL Goes Pink For a Good Cause

Over 100 NFL players will be wearing pink cleats this Sunday to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The idea came from running back DeAngelo Williams of the Carolina Panthers (this is why I love running backs). Players will also be wearing pink gloves and sweatbands. Frankly, I love the idea of the NFL supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My grandmother is a breast cancer survivor and I can really appreciate all of the work the NFL has put into promoting breast cancer awareness.

2 comments:

mai wen said...

I didn't know D. Williams came up with the wearing pink idea! So cool, I love it. I thought it came from you. ;)

L. Jones said...

He may have been reading my blog. I've had it up for a couple of years now. Who knows :)