Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boys, Girls & the Comeback Kid

I didn't get a chance to post last week so here's some food for thought....

This season has been quite interesting. No one has really stood out from the pack but all of that could change once the weather gets crappy. Not to say that there aren't any Super Bowl contenders but a lot can happen between now and January 2nd. If I had to choose two teams today however, I would pick the Steelers and the Eagles. The Steelers are on fire right now and with Big Ben back Pittsburgh is bound to runaway with the division. In the NFC the Eagles are rumbling and bumbling. Philly has been a dominant team in NFC for the last decade and this may be the year that they finally make it to the promise land. Andy Reid is a phenomenal coach and I believe that his hard work will pay off.

L.T. Resurgence

It's always great to see a player come back to form. LaDainian Tomlinson is one of the greatest running backs of our time and he's found new life in the Big Apple. I was upset when the Jets traded my future husband Thomas Jones but acquiring L.T. was probably the best move they made this off season. I hope L.T. continues to have a great year and I'm also glad that he's on one of my fantasy football teams.

Boys Not Men

I'm sorry but the Cowboys just need to throw in the towel. I love Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and Tony Romo but I find it hard to believe that the 'Boys will defy all odds and makes the playoffs. Old age must be getting to Jerry Jones because a playoff run at this stage of the games seems nearly impossible. I still don't understand why people are riding high on the Cowboys. How many more games do they have to lose before people start opening their eyes? The team has great talent but they have one game in the win column and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they suck. Hell, if the Cowboys make it to the playoffs I'll buy Dez Bryant dinner. We may be going to McDonald's because I'm not rolling in dough but a promise is a promise.

Girls Night Out

On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 the Chicago Bears will be hosting Football 101, a fun event designed to teach women about the game of football. The event will be held at Soldier Field and includes a locker room tour, an autograph session, a light dinner, a Q&A session and a special gift. General admission tickets go for $6o. If you're in the Chicago area and would love to learn more about the game of football come on down to the party. For more info please visit chicagobears.com/events/football_101.asp

Well that's all for today Pink Cleat Faithfuls. I can't believe it's hump day already.

No comments: