Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's a "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" Situation

It's Over Folks
Maybe we should try to save the Cowboys instead, whose with me? It may take something just short of a miracle to save Kitna & Crew but I'll still try to keep the faith. Right? Wrong. I hope people are ready to face reality because the Cowboys are 6 feet underground. I guess America's Team will have to wait until next year. Cowboy fans can grab a seat right next to me and the rest of the Cubbie Nation. But such is life, the Cowboys will be back on top one of these days.

"Free Rides" Cost Money
Sacre bleu! "Free rides" actually cost money. A recent study held by Ithaca College and a national athletes advocacy group revealed that "full ride" scholarships for student athletes don't cover all school expenses. Well isn't this interesting. You always pay for things one way or another but I'm a little surprised by some of these out-of pocket expenses. $11,000 really? $5,000 even? I guess we know why so many of these kids secretly take money and exit school early to go pro. I wonder if the Reggie Bush scandal was the impetus for this study. Your thoughts?

The Situation
In other football news Joe Flacco has decided to get a Jersey Shore makeover. Flacco's new haircut is pretty wild but the kid can play football so I'm not complaining. Fist Pumps all around.

Quick Links
Favre, it's time to throw in the towel
No dominant team--my thoughts exactly
CB Cox loses memory

No comments: