Monday, October 4, 2010

Fashion, Football & the Return of Pink Cleats

Football isn't just for the guys anymore. The NFL is investing a lot of money on a new marketing campaign aimed at female football fans. In August the NFL launched its first boutique shop for women in New Orleans. Now the League has a new website nfl.com/women just for female football fans. Some of the cool features on the site include a Look Book and a Strut Your Fit contest for female fans who want to show off their killer NFL runway style. The NFL's $10 million marketing campaign also includes television commercials targeted at women.

The campaign must be going well so far. I see women wearing football apparel left and right. A few weeks back, I blogged about Victoria Secrets PINK NFL Collection but today I was surprised to find NFL t-shirts for women at Old Navy. So it's official, we're taking over. Move over boys, Sunday afternoons are our time to shine.




On a more serious note we must not forget about the NFL's "A Crucial Catch" Campaign. This weekend NFL players and coaches wore pink apparel in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. All of the pink apparel worn this month will be auctioned off with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society and team charities.


A member of the Cincinnati Bengals wears black and pink football cleats on a league day of women's breast cancer awareness during their NFL football game against the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland, Ohio October 3, 2010. REUTERS/Aaron Josefczyk (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL HEALTH)



And so the pink cleats return. It's going to be a great month for football....
Good night PC Faithfuls, until next time.

5 comments:

mai wen said...

I like it! I also like the new look of your blog!! You're lucky, you're playing me in Fantasy Football the week The Colts are on Bye. :P

L. Jones said...

thanks mai! Yeah I'm lucky to be 2-2 in Fantasy Football. I did have LT on the bench last week and still won but I missed out on so many points. Good luck this week.

ultimatefan said...

I love your blog! It's nice. I have a blog for female football fans as well. Check it out at www.ladieslovefootballtoo.blogspot.com and I have a weekly radio show you can listen to as well. I like your blog so much if you'd like, I want to have you on as a special guest. Let me know if you're interested.

L. Jones said...

Thanks! I would love to be on your radio show. Just send me an email to set up a time.

ultimatefan said...

Hi! I don't see an email on your site for you but you can email me. my email is ladieslovefootballtoo@gmail.com I have a weekly show and it airs on Wendesday at 6pm EST. You can co host as often as you like. I have a general format I will email you when I hear from you. I hope that time works for you.