Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week One Surprises

Hold on to Your Hats
How about dem Cowboys eh? It looks as if Wade Phillips has some work to do in Dallas. The Cowboys looked awful yesterday but thankfully for them there are still fifteen games left in the season. The Cowboys play my beloved Bears for their home opener and things should get a little bit interesting. The Bears didn't play their best football this week either but were able to edge out the Lions after a controversial call. Many Chicago fans were treating the game like a loss but a win is a win in my book.

Just for the record Forte is back. 151 receiving yards-- Say What? He's 100 percent this season so Dallas better bring the D or it's going to be a long season for Jerry Jones crew

Sign of the Times
The tide is turning in the AFC. The Texans ran all over Indy this weekend and may finally get over the hump this year. The Chiefs also made quite a statement after defeating the Chargers on MNF. I'm not too worried about San Diego because they usually start off their season pretty slow but I'm really happy for the Chiefs and my future husband T. Jones. I hope the Chiefs keep the momentum going. I love it when things get a little unpredictable in the NFL.

What Franchise ?
Things are not looking good for Rex Ryan's crew. The Jets only had 176 total offensive yards against Baltimore and next week thet have to play the Pats. The Patriots aren't looking to shabby this year and it seems as if Brady was unfazed by his recent car accident. All I know is that the Jets need to really step things up. The season has just begun but I'm not convinced the Jets can make a legitimate playoff run. I guess time will only tell.

The Jets also seem to be having some off the field troubles as well. I guess they missed the NFL's "Back to Football" memo.


Quick Links
Clinton Portis has Foot-Mouth Syndrome
Grant out for the season
Jenkins may throw in the towel for good

1 comment:

Tawanda said...

I'm pretty sure this whole incident will soon be forgotten and business will continue as usual. Most of the commentary about Inez Sainz has been about what she was wearing and somehow figuring out to blame her for it alternating with her backtracking from her original statement in order to keep her job.

I hate that even though we are supposed to be a civilized society, professional athletes are held up to a different standard-and most especially where women are concerned. No one is EVER asking for harrassment, no matter what they are wearing. It is ALWAYS your responsibility as an athlete to be respectful and act like a gentleman no matter what. We are all adults here.

Yup, just me and my soapbox (end rant)