Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Reggie Rant

I wish someone would just give Reggie Bush a break. I feel as if there is a big bull's-eye on this kid's back. In all honestly,Reggie should keep the Heisman trophy. I know that it was Reggie's decision to forfeit the trophy and I respect his decision but I'm sure there were a few people whispering in his ear. Rules are rules but this is just ridiculous. Reggie made a mistake but he had good intentions. Furthermore, he was an excellent athlete at USC and that alone is enough reason for him to keep the trophy.



Winner of the 2005 Heisman Trophy, Reggie Bush of the University of Southern California, poses with the award in New York, in this December 10, 2005 file photo. Bush said on Tuesday he will forfeit the trophy. USC was slapped with severe penalties by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) in June after reports that Bush had accepted money and other benefits from marketing agents while playing for the school. REUTERS/Jeff Zelevansky/Files (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)


Well that's all for tonight folks. It's almost 4am so I must hit the bed. Goodnight Pink Cleat Faithfuls. Also please feel free to comment on this story. I want to hear your opinion.


1 comment:

Tawanda said...

I think its really interesting that it was Reggie's decision to forfeit the trophy. I mean, it implies either guilt or the realization that someone taking it away could hamper his career. You're right to say that he's definitely under pressure-and at this stage in the game, how much does this trophy really matter?